As we all know, there is no cure for celiac disease other than a totally and completely gluten-free diet. But, after using and loving doTERRA essential oils for 5 years now, I have found that there are certain oils that help support my body with some of the “side effects” of celiac. Essential oils and the gluten-free life just seem to fit together.
Some of the symptoms I experience are:
- Stomach pain
- Head Tension
- Brain Fog, unable to concentrate
- Joint pain
- Mood swings
Not necessarily in this order, and depending on how bad the glutening is, depends on how many of the symptoms I experience. Like I said, these are the symptoms that I experience. Others may have different symptoms.
Now here is a list of the doTERRA essential oils I use to help alleviate and support my body as it fights the gluten.
- Stomach ache – Digestive Blend, oil rubbed on my stomach, Softgels taken internally (the oils in this blend support healthy digestion)
- Head Tension – Peppermint Oil rubbed on my temples and on my forehead
- Brain Fog – Douglas Fir and Lemon diffused (both of these oils with their uplifting scents, when diffused just help clear the cobwebs from my head)
- Diarrhea – Ginger and Digestive Blend (again because these oils support healthy digestion)
- Bloating – Fennel and/or Digestive Blend (promotes healthy digestion)
- Insomnia – Restful Blend Softgels or oil diffused (promotes relaxation and calms emotions)
- Joint pain – Soothing Blend, Either the oil or the Rub (this blend helps to support the body’s natural ability to soothe inflammation)
- Mood Swings – Uplifting Blend, (promotes feelings of optimism, cheerfulness and happiness), and Balancing Blend (Evokes feelings of tranquility and balance and promotes a whole body sense of relaxation)
It doesn’t matter how careful we are, or how closely we monitor what goes into our bodies, there are times when circumstances beyond our control happen and we succomb to the ravages of a full blown gluten contamination. When that happens remember that there are natural ways to combat those symptoms.
If you would like to know more about the essential oils I use, you can find out more here: Get Started
Or if you’d like to talk to me personally to find out more, just fill out the contact me form found here: Contact Mary
Be sure to put Essential Oils in the subject line.