Everyone needs a quick and versatile grilled chicken recipe that consistently delivers great flavor. This healthy and delicious option fits the bill!
The best part about this recipe is the flavors go with just about anything else you want to serve, including grilled garden vegetables, leafy salads or more substantial sides, such as potato or pasta salad. To save time, you can double or triple this recipe to pull together quick lunches or dinners throughout the week.
Marinated Grilled Chicken Breast
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 2 Teaspoons Lime Zest
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Oregano Rinsed and crushed with fingers to release oils
- 2 Sprigs fresh rosemary Rinsed and crushed with fingers to release oils
- 3 Cloves garlic peeled and minced
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 4 8 ounce Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Add the marinade ingredients to a large glass bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add chicken breasts to a 1 gallon sealable freezer bag and pour marinade mixture over the top. Seal the bag and turn to coat chicken thoroughly.
- Place the bag in a bowl and set in the refrigerator for 1 to 3 hours. Turn the bag a couple of times to evenly distribute the marinade.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and discard marinade.
- Grill chicken breasts over medium direct heat, turning once, for a total of 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes before serving.