With football season upon us, this quick and easy appetizer is perfect for tail-gaiting parties and other informal get-togethers. Just toss all the ingredients into a slow cooker, turn it on, and viola! You have a tasty and delicious dish your guests will love.
The amount of heat can be adjusted easily to suit individual tastes by increasing or decreasing the amount of hot sauce and jalapeno used. Although the serving suggestions offered below are gluten-free, this tasty dip can also be served with crackers or crusty bread, if you are not strictly gluten-free. Just be sure to have separate bowls if you are serving glutenous and gluten-free versions.
Recipe - Spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 Pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Salt & Black Pepper To Taste
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth* gluten-free
- 3 Stalks Celery very finely chopped
- 2 8 ounce packages Cream Cheese
- 3/4 Cup Frank's Hot Sauce
- 1 small Jalapeno Pepper finely minced
- 6 Ounces Blue Cheese Divided
- 1 Cup Mozzarella cheeese finely shredded
- 3 Green Onions tops sliced, optional
- 1 Small Jalapeno sliced, optional
- 1. Season chicken breasts with salt and black pepper, to taste. Add chicken breasts, broth, celery, cream cheese, hot sauce, jalapeno pepper, and 4 oz. crumbled blue cheese to the crock of a 5 or 6-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or 6-7 hours on low.
- 2. 30 minutes before serving, remove lid and shred chicken using two forks. Add shredded Mozzarella cheese and stir to combine. Add cover and continue cooking until cheese is completely melted.
- 3. Remove lid and garnish dip with remaining blue cheese, sliced green onions, or jalapeno, if desired. Keep warm and serve with celery stalks, carrot sticks, gluten-free crackers or gluten-free bread sticks.