The cold is almost out the door, and the warm weather is approaching fast. I’m sure you’re eager for the blooming flowers and sunny skies — I know I am.
I know that Spring is approaching fast, because my seasonal allergies have started to kick in. The itchy, watery, eyes, the stuffy nose, and the sneezing fits. I don’t know about you, but I could certainly do without them.
I used to turn to over the counter medicine for relief from my seasonal allergies, but, they didn’t always work and some made me drowsy. So I started looking for natural ways to combat these annoying symptoms without having to take medication.
Here are some of my natural remedies to help fight off seasonal allergies:
- Essential Oils that help battle allergies such as lemon, lavender, and peppermint. This is my favorite one. And one that I use everyday. The essential oils company I work with has a great product with these three oils in a softgel that I take just once a day. The nice thing about them is that I don’t have to take them for a week before they start to effectively support my natural immunity, like some of the over the counter medicines. They start supporting healthy respiratory function almost right away, and they don’t make me drowsy. You can find out more here: Get Started
- Taking supplements such as quercetin and stinging nettle. These are natural antihistamines and help combat those seasonal allergy symptoms.
- Keep up with your probiotics daily.
- Use a Neti Pot to keep your sinuses flushed. Just be sure to use sterile, distilled water or tap water that you have boiled for at least 5 minutes and cooled. DO NOT use water straight out of the tap!
- If you feel an allergy attack coming on, head to your acupuncturist for a session. This works wonders!
What are your typical spring allergy tricks?