Your granny was right. A clean room signifies a clean mind. But unfortunately, science shows that living in clutter decreases creativity and increases anxiety leading to more sleepless nights for most people. As an example, my husband and I used to share a home office space. His side was a total disaster and mine was neat and tidy. Needless to say, after two years, I had to take over one of the spare bedrooms for my office. Being in all that clutter was just to stressful for me.
To sleep well at night, make having a tidy home and a tidy bedroom a priority. Plus, cleaning up your room first thing in the morning and making your bed will always make you feel great about the beginning of your day, leading to an even better rest of your day. Not to mention that getting into a bed that has been neatly made in the morning is such a treat and feels so good.
- Your Bed and Bedding Should Be a Comfortable Haven – Spending time and money on your bed and bedding is important because sleep is one of the activities you do that is necessary and important for good health and a good life.
- Clutter Increases Anxiety – According to the Mayo Clinic, having clutter around increases anxiety and does nothing to make you more effective and creative no matter what gurus out there want to say about it. On the contrary, the data shows that clutter causes chaos, and cleanliness leads to more creativity.
- Cleanliness Reduces Stress – If you are often in a hurry and cannot find things, it will cause stress. If you have a tidy home, you’ll cut down on hours of stress simply due to not having to rush around due to finding lost items.
- A Tidy Home Has Better Air Quality – Many people don’t sleep well at night due to allergies caused by the dirt and dust around. So even if your home looks organized, if it’s dusty, remember that’s skin, not just dirt, and it can lead to bad air quality, which can lead to health issues.
- You’ll Simply Feel More Energetic – When your home is cleaned up, you’re going to be happy to be in it and not feel stressed, which will make you feel more energetic and ready for challenges.
- Your Concentration Will Improve – Not having to deal with clutter will ensure that your concentration improves drastically. You may not even realize that your focus is poor until you clean up and discover how it feels to be organized.
- You’ll Fall Asleep Faster – When you’re not stressed, worried, or sick, you will fall asleep faster.
- You’ll Feel More Accomplished – Every morning when you make your bed, it will elicit feelings of success that will carry over into the rest of your day. It’s a great way to start the day.
Aside from the fact that a clean room and a tidy home will help you be more organized and ready for anything that happens in your life, it will help you get more sleep. Sleeping better each night leads to a much happier and healthier life.
Still have questions, or think you may want help getting healthier? Let’s chat. Schedule a Free Getting Acquainted Call We’ll discuss some of the obstacles that stand in your way, and how I can help you thrive and feel your best.
By the end of this session we’ll know if we’re a good fit. You can decide if I’m the right person to guide and support you to a better, healthier version of you.
Not ready for a call, then join my Facebook Group. I give more tips and recipes over at the Easy Gluten-Free Community.