Two of summer’s most abundant and easily home grown vegetables are cucumbers and tomatoes. Both of these vegetables are so much better freshly picked. A summer lunch is the perfect time to toss them together for a fresh and juicy salad.
The addition of a few more classic ingredients such as balsamic vinegar, feta and olives completes this simple but very satisfying dish.
Cucumber, Tomato, and Feta Salad, Naturally Gluten Free
- 2 medium Cucumbers chopped
- 2 Cups Roma Tomatoes Chopped
- 1/2 Red Onion Cut in half and Sliced
- 4 ounces Feta Cheese
- 1/2 Cup assorted Olives Halved
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Sea salt To Taste
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Dill
- In a large salad bowl add cucumbers, tomatoes, onion, feta cheese, olives and season with salt and pepper.
- Whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour over the cucumber/tomato mix, and toss to coat.
- Garnish with dill and serve immediately.