Recipe - Gluten, Egg, and Milk Free Chocolate Cake
This is a really good option for those of you who have told me that you need a cake that is not only gluten-free, but also egg and dairy free. So here it it.
- 1 1/2 cups All Purpose cup for cup gluten-free flour
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar Firmly Packed
- 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon Gluten-free Vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 inch round or 8 inch square cake pan.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, soda, and salt together until well combined into a bowl.
- Add in the brown sugar. (If your brown sugar is lumpy, break up the lumps with your fingers or a wire whisk).
- Stir the dry ingredients very well.
- Mix the oil, water and vanilla together and add to the dry ingredients.
- Stir just until all the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Scrape batter into greased cake pan, and level it.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.