There is just so much fresh produce to be had right now. My kitchen counter is just brimming with tomatoes, cucumbers and zucchinis right now. We are having salads just about every night of the week. So I thought I would share a delicious grilled corn and tomato salad with you.
This can be made any time of the year, using frozen sweet corn and store bought tomatoes, but it is especially delicious this time of year when the corn is fresh and the tomatoes are vine ripe!
Recipe - Grilled Corn and Tomato Salad
- 2 Large ears of fresh corn husks and silk removed
- 1 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 1 Medium red onion halved and cut into thick slices
- 1 Pound Grape or Cherry Tomatoes cut in halves
- 1 Large Avocado chopped
- 1/4 Cup chopped fresh parsley roughly chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Lime Juice
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 1. Brush corn with melted butter before placing corn and red onion slices on a pre-heated gas grill over medium direct heat, or indoors on a grill pan sprayed with non-stick cooking spray set over medium-high heat.
- 2. Cook corn until kernels are slightly charred, rotating one-quarter turn every couple of minutes until each side is done. Flip red onion once while the corn is cooking.
- 3. Remove vegetables from heat and slice kernels from cob with a sharp knife.
- 4. Discard cobs and transfer onions and corn kernels to a large salad bowl and set aside.
- 5. Add tomatoes, avocado, fresh parsley, and lime juice to the bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss gently to combine.
- 6. Serve immediately with your choice of main dish. Enjoy!