Roasted Golden Beets and Goat Cheese Salad
A delicious salad that can be converted to a vegan dish by simply eliminating the goat cheese. You can also use regular red beets if your grocery store doesn't have golden beets
- 3 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Medium Beets Peeled and chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Thyme Leaves
- Sea Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 Cups Cherry or Grape Tomatoes Halved
- 1 Small Red Onion Thinly Sliced
- 4 Cups Baby Arugula
- 3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1/4 Cup Pistachios Chopped
- 3 Ounces Creamy Goat Cheese Crumbled
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Basil Leaves Chopped
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat.
- 2. Toss the chopped golden beets with one tablespoon olive oil and fresh thyme. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Place in the pre-heated oven and roast until the beets are fork-tender and slightly browned, approximately 35-40 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- 3. Whisk the remaining olive oil with the balsamic vinegar and minced garlic in a small bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Transfer dressing to an airtight serving container and set aside.
- 4. Add the tomatoes, red onion, and baby arugula to a large salad bowl or serving platter. Top with the roasted beets, pistachios, goat cheese, and fresh basil. Serve immediately with the balsamic dressing on the side. Enjoy!