Dark Cherry Mint Fizz
This fruity and refreshing beverage isn’t overly sweet thanks to the natural tartness of the cherries and fresh lime juice. A touch of honey adds just the right amount of sweetness to balance out the more tart flavors, while fresh mint adds a bright note to bring it all together. The deep red color of the dark cherries makes it a perfect beverage for Halloween, but could also work as a Christmas beverage.
- 2 Cups Dark Cherries, Pitted Fresh or Frozen
- 2 Tablespoons Honey
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Cup Fresh Mint Leaves washed, patted dry, and torn
- 2 Cups Club Soda
- 1 Ounce Gin per serving Adult Version Only
- 1. Combine dark cherries, honey, and water in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, for 4-5 minutes or until the mixture is warmed through and bubbly and the cherries release their juices.
- 2. Remove from heat and transfer the dark cherry mixture to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Pour into a pitcher and let cool at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- 3. Add lime juice and mint leaves and stir to combine. Place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- 4. To serve, fill four serving glasses with ice and add ¼ cup dark cherry mixture, ½ cup club soda, and one ounce gin, if using, to each glass. Stir gently to combine and serve immediately. Enjoy!