I love this little Cranberry Spritzer. It can be an adult only beverage or the alcohol can be left out for a delicious mocktail that anyone can enjoy. Without the alcohol, it is actually a very healthy alternative to all that sugary soda pop.
New Year's Eve Rockin' Cranberry Spritzer
- Cup Cranberries Fresh or Frozen
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Cumin Seeds
- 4 Cinnamon Sticks
- 3 Cups Cranberry Juice Unsweetened
- 2 Medium Organic Oranges Cut into 8 wedges each
- 1/2 Cup Vodka Optional
- 3 Cups Sparkling Water
- 1. Add cranberries, honey, water, cumin seeds, and cinnamon sticks to a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes, or until the honey is melted and the spices are intensely fragrant. 2. remove from heat and transfer to a large glass or other non-reactive bowl. Add cranberry juice, orange wedges, and vodka, (if using). Refrigerate for several hours to overnight. 3. Once thoroughly chilled, remove from refrigerator and firmly squeeze each orange wedge into the bowl to capture the juice before discarding. Strain mixture with a fine mesh strainer and discard the solids. 4. To serve, fill serving glasses with ice and add enough of the seasoned cranberry juice mixture to fill each glass about 1/3 full. Top off each glass with sparkling water and stir to combine. Taste and sweeten with additional honey, if desired. Garnish with cinnamon sticks and/or rosemary skewers, lower leaves removed and threaded with fresh cranberries, and serve immediately.