Here in the United States, this weekend is a long holiday weekend. It’s Labor Day on Monday. Which for a lot of people, me included, this weekend marks the end of summer. Many people will be having picnics, so I thought I would include a delicious drink that can be a “mocktail” for all ages, or an adult only beverage. I hope you enjoy it.
Recipe - Lemon Herb Spritzer
- 2 tablespoons Honey Preferably local
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/3 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Mint washed and torn into pieces
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Basil washed and torn into pieces
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Lemon Zest Preferably Organic
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Ginger finely minced
- 1 Large Lemon thinly sliced
- 2 Cups Sparkling Water
- 4 Ounces Vodka Adult Only Version
- 1. Add honey and water to a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently until honey dissolves.
- 2. Remove from heat and cool for 5-10 minutes before pouring into a pitcher. Add fresh lemon juice, fresh herbs, ginger, and lemon slices.
- 3. Add vodka, if using, and stir gently to combine and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- 4. Immediately before serving, pour sparkling water into pitcher and stir to combine. Pour into glasses filled with ice and serve immediately. Enjoy!