These little appetizers are delicious, and easy to make. My grandchildren love them and I can’t seem to make enough of them when they are around.
Bacon and Cheese Stuffed Mini Sweet Peppers
Need a last minute appetizer? This versatile recipe comes together in under 15 minutes, but looks and tastes like it took a lot longer.
- 1 Bag Mini Sweet Peppers in assorted colors
- 6 Ounces Goat Cheese
- 6 Ounces Ricotta Cheese
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Thyme Leaves Stems removed4
- 4 Strips Thick Cut Bacon cooked and crumbled
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- 1 Ounce Hard Parmesan Cheese Freshly Grated
- Wash Peppers and pat dry. Cut each pepper in half lengthwise, leaving the stem intact. Remove seeds and membrane from each pepper half and discard. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine goat cheese, ricotta cheese, thyme leaves, and bacon and sprinkle with some salt and pepper. Combine ingredients thoroughly.
- With a small spoon, fill each pepper half with the cheese and bacon mixture and arrange on a rimmed baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Top each stuffed pepper half with grated Parmesan cheese and pop into the oven under a preheated broiler set to high.
- Broil for approximately 5 minutes or until the cheese begins to brown and peppers start to blister.
- Remove from oven and place on a serving plate. Serve immediately.
* Servings depends on how many mini peppers are in the bag.