Recipe - Roasted Fall Harvest Soup
A deliciously warm soup using up all the wonderful farmers' market finds of autumn.
- 3Nutmeg cups Butternut Squash cubed
- 3 Large Firm Apples cubed
- 1 Medium Red Onion chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Fresh Ginger minced
- 1 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
- 1/2 Teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 Teaspoon All Spice
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil melted
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
- 4 - 5 Cups Gluten-Free Chicken Broth preferably organic or homemade, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper or a Silpat® baking mat. Set aside.
- 2. Combine butternut squash, apples, red onion, ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, allspice, and melted coconut oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine.
- 3. Spread seasoned butternut squash mixture onto prepared baking sheet and spread into a single layer. Place in pre-heated oven and roast until squash is fork tender, approximately 25-30 minutes.
- 4. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before transferring one quarter of the roasted veggie mixture to a high-powered blender. Add one cup of chicken broth to container and blend until smooth. Add a little more broth, if necessary, to reach desired consistency.
- 5. Transfer puree to a large soup pot and repeat process with remaining vegetables and chicken broth. Turn heat to medium and cook, stirring frequently, until soup is heated through, approximately 5-10 minutes.
- 6. Remove from heat and adjust seasonings, as desired, before serving. Enjoy!