With the holidays coming full steam ahead, I thought I would offer up a few healthy alternatives for your holiday get-togethers.
Smoked Salmon and Cucumber Appetizers
A light, delicious appetizer that is perfect for any occasion.
- 8 Ounces Cream Cheese Softened
- 1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest preferably organic
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Juice
- 2 Tablespoons Capers drained
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Dill Chopped
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to Taste
- 1 Large English Cucumber seedless kind
- 2 Ounces Smoked Salmon
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese with the lemon zest, lemon juice, capers, and fresh dill. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- 2. Chop the ends from the cucumber and thinly slice lengthwise with a mandoline slicer or a vegetable peeler.
- 3. Spread one to two teaspoons of the cream cheese mixture along the length of each cucumber slice, adding an extra bit at the far end to help secure once rolled.
- 4. Top with small pieces of smoked salmon and tightly roll the cucumber into a rollup. If necessary, use toothpicks to hold each appetizer together.
- 5. Repeat with the remaining cucumber slices and filling. Enjoy immediately!