I wanted a Philly Steak and Cheese pasta recipe, but when I went online to find one, none of them fit the bill for what I was looking for. This is a delicious one skillet meal that comes together in about 30 minutes, for those nights when everyone is heading out in 30 different directions. This can also be made ahead and warmed up in the microwave for when everyones schedule won’t allow a sit down meal for everyone in your family.
|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
|Cook Time||20 Minutes|
- 1 Pound ground beef
- 4 Large Onions quartered, and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Cups Beef Broth
- 2 Tablespoons Gluten-Free Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Good White Wine Optional
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 Cups Uncooked Gluten-Free Pasta I use elbows, but fusilli world work too
- 1 Cup Red Bell Pepper largely diced
- 1 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- In a large skillet, brown the ground beef until no longer pink.
- Add the onions and saute’ until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and stir to combine.
- Add the beef broth, Worcestershire sauce, wine, salt and black pepper. Stir and simmer, covered for 5 minutes.
- Add the pasta and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper and cook until the pasta is cooked, about 5 to 8 minutes more. I like my pasta a little al dente’.
- Stir in the mozzarella cheese and stir until the cheese is melted.
- I used a lot of onions because we love onions. You can use more or less as desired.
- You can totally leave out the wine also, if you want. If you do leave out the wine, replace it with water or more beef broth.
- I save the bell pepper for last, because I like it to have a bit of a crunch to it, but if you like yours softer, add it in sooner.
- To up the vegetable/fiber intake, I added one envelope of Pampered Chef’s Kale & Fiber packet.
Share this Recipe