1. Combine sugar, water, cranberries, orange peel, and 5 cinnamon sticks in a medium saucepan. Place over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Let the simple syrup simmer for 10 minutes or until the sugar has completely dissolved.
2. Remove the spiced simple syrup from heat and let cool for at least 30 minutes.
3. Strain and transfer to a glass jar.
4. For each Margarita, add tequila, orange liquor, lime juice, 1 ½ oz. spiced simple syrup, and ice to a shaker. Shake vigorously and pour into a glass filled with ice.
5. Garnish with extra berries, orange or lime slices, a cinnamon stick, and fresh rosemary sprig, if using. Enjoy!
Use vegetable peeler to remove 3-4 pieces orange peel for syrup (remaining orange can be sliced to be used as garnish or for another use)
The spiced simple syrup mixture will yield enough to make 8 drinks. The actual margarita ingredients is for ONE margarita. You will need to repeat the steps 4 and 5 for EACH Margarita you want to make up to 8 Margaritas.