Cinnamon has been shown to help cells increase insulin sensitivity. Not to mention it’s a delicious spice that can be used in place of sugar. This apple recipe will help to balance your blood sugar levels.
Tip: Keeping the peel on will increase the fiber, which is even better for stabilizing your blood sugar.
|Prep Time||5 Minutes|
|Cook Time||5 Minutes|
- 2 Apples chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/8 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Place chopped apples into a small saucepan with 2 tbsp water. Cover and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally. After about 5 minutes the apples will become slightly soft, and water will be absorbed.
- Add 1 tbsp coconut oil. Stir apples and oil together.
- Cook for another 5 minutes, stirring every minute or so
- Add cinnamon, salt, and vanilla. Stir well.
- Cook for another few minutes, stirring until the apples reach your desired softness!
- Serve and enjoy!
Share this Recipe