This delicious, quick & easy salad features a crunchy combination of crisp apples, celery, arugula, and toasted hazelnuts lightly tossed with a homemade Honey-Dijon vinaigrette.
Crisp Apple-Celery Salad with Toasted Hazelnuts & Honey-Dijon Vinaigrette
15 Minutes, to roast hazelnuts
Honey-Dijon Salad Vinaigrette
1. Toast hazelnuts per instructions at bottom of recipe. Set aside.
2. Prepare the vinaigrette by adding all ingredients to a small mason jar and whisking or shaking vigorously, emulsifying it into a creamy consistency. Adjust seasoning as necessary and set aside.
3. Place arugula in the bottom of a large salad bowl.
4. Add sliced apples, celery, red onions, and 2/3rd of the toasted hazelnuts. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
5. Drizzle the vinaigrette over salad (you may not need all of it) and toss to combine.
6. To serve, divide salad onto chilled salad plates and top with remaining toasted hazelnuts. Enjoy!
To Toast Hazelnuts
2. Spread nuts out in a single layer on a dry baking sheet.
3. Bake 12-15 minutes, giving the nuts a stir once or twice to encourage even toasting.
4. Allow to cool before using.