This delicious breakfast smoothie is a nutritious and delicious way to kick off your morning. Although this combination works best in a high-powered blender, such as a Vitamix or Blendtec, you can still achieve good results in a regular blender. The trick is to start with small enough pieces and add them a little at a time. This recipe calls for a golden beet because the coloring works well with the other ingredients. However, a red beet will work just as well, but it will change the presentation completely. Note: Blending time and techniques will vary depending on your blender.
|Prep Time||15 min|
- 8 oz water
- 1/2 inch piece ginger root peeled
- 3 tbsp lime juice fresh
- 1 small golden beet peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 stalks celergy rinsed and cut into chunks
- 1/4 medium cucumber peeled
- 3-4 slices peaches frozen
- 6-8 ice cubes
- Add all ingredients to blender and turn on to its lowest setting. Gradually increase the speed and continue blending until all ingredients are thoroughly incorporated into the smoothie.
- Pour into a frosted, heavy glass and serve immediately.
Share this Recipe