Today is a HUGE holiday! 🙂 It’s National Potato Lover’s Day. I feel like this holiday was made just for me. I love potatoes, just about any way you fix ’em. I don’t eat them as often as I used to, but they are still one of my go to comfort foods.
Today, I have a recipe for Greek Style Lemon Potatoes. I hope you enjoy them.
Kitchen Tools to Make Greek Style Lemon Potatoes
|Prep Time||20 Minutes|
|Cook Time||50-55 Minutes|
- 2 1/2 Pounds Russet or other starchy Potatoes peeled and cut into thin wedges
- 1 Teaspoon Granulated Garlic
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- 3/4 Cup Chicken Broth
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Zest preferably organic
- 1/2 Teaspoon dried oregano
- Fresh Oregano for garnish, optional
- Place top oven rack in the center position and pre-heat oven to 400°F.
- Prep and arrange the potatoes in a single layer in a large cast iron skillet. Sprinkle with the garlic powder and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Whisk together the chicken broth, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest and oregano in a medium bowl and pour over the potatoes.
- Place the skillet in the pre-heated oven and cook for 25 minutes before carefully turning the potatoes. Return to oven for another 25 minutes
- After cook time is complete, remove the skillet from the oven and carefully drain and reserve any excess liquid in the skillet. Return to oven for another 5 minutes or until the potatoes are nicely browned on the edges.*
- Tip: You can also place the skillet under a hot broiler for 2-3 minutes for even crispier results.
- Remove from oven and cool slightly before serving with some of the reserved cooking liquid drizzled on top. Enjoy!
Share this Recipe