Turkey isn’t just for Thanksgiving anymore. Here’s a great recipe for turkey anytime! If you prep everything, and marinate the turkey the night before, you can shave off the 1 hour prep and marinade time and you can have a delicious dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes. Almost quicker that take out. Win-Win!
Turkey is easy to cook and takes well to many different flavorings like this marinade. Grilling your turkey makes it even more of a snap. Adding the grilled vegetables means less time in the kitchen. Turkey is also quite healthy. Both the white and dark meat contains many nutrients although dark meat does contain more fat. Use leftovers in a salad or as a lunchtime sandwich.
|Prep Time||15 Minutes|
|Cook Time||26 Minutes|
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon garlic Minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary chopped
- 2 Teaspoons Lemon Zest
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice preferably fresh squeezed
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Turkey Breast Tenders about 1 pound each
- 1 Eggplant about 1 pound
- 1 zucchini
- 3 Plum Tomatoes
- Place the oil, garlic, and rosemary into a bowl.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper and whisk well.
- Place the turkey into a zip top bag. Pour 1/3 cup of the marinade over the turkey and zip the bag closed. Try to remove as much air from the bag as possible.
- Once the bag is sealed, massage all the ingredients together to coat the turkey with the marinade.
- Refrigerate for 45 minutes.
- Refrigerate the remaining marinade.
- Cut the eggplant and zucchini lengthwise into 1/2 inch thick slices. Cut the tomatoes in half.
- Heat the grill.
- Place the turkey on the grill and discard the marinade.
- Grill the turkey for 7 minutes per side or until a meat thermometer reads 160° F.
- Remove turkey to a platter, tent with foil and let rest until ready to cut.
- Place the eggplant and zucchini slices on the grill. Grill for 4 minutes, or until just fork tender.
- Add the tomatoes to the grill and grill for 2 minutes per side, or until charred, but not too soft.
- Remove the vegetables and allow to cool until they are cool enough to handle.
- Cut the cooled vegetables into bite sized pieces and toss with the remaining marinade.
Nutritional Information: (approximate amounts per serving)
- Calories 243; Fat 6g;
- Saturated Fat 1g;
- Carbohydrates 10g;
- Protein 39g;
- Fiber 2g;
- Cholesterol 94mg;
- Sodium 159mg
Share this Recipe