Some of the things I missed after going gluten-free were all of the yummy baked goods my mom and grandmother had made all through my childhood. So I started playing around with their recipes and have gotten pretty good at transforming glutenous baked goods into delicious gluten-free baked goods.
Today I have a recipe that I transformed from my mother’s, Elizabeth Frazier, zucchini bread. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
My mother really didn’t like to cook, but she loved to bake.
|Prep Time||15 Minutes|
|Cook Time||60-70 Minutes|
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract gluten-free
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini freshly shredded
- 1/4 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder I use Rumsford Brand
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free baking soda
- 1 heaping teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose gluten-free flour I use Bob's Red Mill Cup for Cup Brand
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans chopped
- Beat eggs, sugar, and oil in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Add vanilla and mix well. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and xanthan gum. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix well. Add zucchini and chopped nuts and stir by hand to combine. Pour into a greased 9x5 loaf pan and bake in a 350 degree oven for 60 to 70 minutes. Until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Share this Recipe