These granola bars are delicious. This is my own creation after missing eating Nature Valley Granola Bars. The difference, is that these granola bars are chewy, not crunchy.
I made these over the weekend to take with us as a healthy snack while traveling to Kansas to see our oldest granddaughter’s dance recital.
|Prep Time||20 Minutes|
|Cook Time||20 Minutes|
|Passive Time||20 Minutes|
- 1 Cup Gluten-Free Oats* Preferably Old Fashioned GF Oats
- 1 Cup Rice Bran
- 1/4 Cup High Fiber Gluten-free Flour
- 1 Cup walnuts or pecans chopped
- 1 Cup Dark Chocolate 53% Cacao Chips
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Coconut not sweetened
- 1/2 Cup Non-Fat Dry Milk
- 1/4 Teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 Teaspoon ground cinnamon Heaping teaspoon
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 3 Large eggs
- gluten free cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch cake pan with the gluten-free cooking spray.
- Put the oats, rice bran, flour, nuts, dry milk, shredded coconut, ginger, and cinnamon in a food processor, and pulse chop until coarsely chopped.
- Add the chocolate morsels, honey and eggs, and pulse until completely combined.
- Put the mixture into the prepared 9x13 cake pan and spread with a spatula or your lightly oiled fingers.
- Bake until lightly golden and brown around the edges. About 20 minutes.
- Cool in the pan, on a cooling rack for 20 minutes, then cut into uniform sized bars.
- Individually wrap in plastic wrap and store in an airtight container or Ziplock bag.
- These can be frozen for up to 2 months. But I bet they don't last long enough to freeze.
*Do not use regular oats, only use oats that are certified gluten-free. Regular oats are most likely cross contaminated with wheat or other grains. Making them NOT gluten-free.
Share this Recipe