|Prep Time||10 Minutes|
|Cook Time||35 Minutes|
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 Cups Portobello Mushrooms Sliced (including stems)
- 10 Cloves garlic Minced
- 1 Large Onion finely diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 1/2 Cups Gluten-Free Beef or Vegetable Broth I use homemade
- 1 13.5 Ounce Can Coconut Milk
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Thyme Leaves
- Pour the olive oil into a large stock pot over medium high heat, add in the diced onions, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and stir.
- Saute' everything until the onions become translucent and the mushrooms begin to sweat and become fragrant. Between 5 and 10 minutes.
- Pour in the beef broth and coconut milk.
- Add thyme, stir together and bring to a boil.
- Simmer 20 minutes.
- Allow 1 1/2 cups of soup to cool slightly and then transfer to a blender. Blend until the soup has been blended smooth.
- Return blended soup to the rest of the pot of soup and heat gently until ready to serve.
Share this Recipe