If you love spicy tuna rolls, then you are in for a real treat with these delicious low-carb appetizers. They are packed with flavor and are sure to be a hit at your next gathering. Note: this recipe calls for Kewpie mayonnaise, which is a creamy Japanese variety made with rice wine vinegar instead of regular distilled. It is available in most grocery stores. You can also substitute regular mayonnaise instead.
|Prep Time||15 min|
- 8 oz sashimi-grade tuna finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Kewpie mayonnaise regular will work
- 1/2 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce more or less, to taste
- 2 green onions green parts only, very finely chopped
- 1 tsp ginger peeled and minced
- white and black sesame seeds optional
- Remove the ends from both cucumbers and discard. Slice each of the remaining cucumber into 6 equal-sized pieces and carefully scoop out the seeds with a small spoon. Discard seeds and set cucumber cups aside.
- In a small, non-reactive bowl combine mayonnaise, Sriracha sauce, green onions and ginger. Mix thoroughly with a fork. Add finely chopped sashimi-grade tuna to mixture and stir to combine.
- Divide spicy tuna mixture among the 12 cucumber cups and arrange on serving tray. Garnish with sesame seeds, if desired. Serve immediately with pickled ginger, wasabi paste, and soy sauce on the side.
Share this Recipe