This recipe is actually an updated one that was originally in my cookbook Gluten Free Get-Togethers, but came about for Sunday Supper because of a mislabeled package of ground beef. It turned out delicious.
Recipe-Milanese Skillet Supper
- 1 Pound Ground Beef preferably organic, grass fed
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Onion Diced
- 1/4 Cup Green Bell Pepper Diced
- 1/4 Cup Red Bell Pepper Diced
- 4 Cloves Garlic Minced
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Oregano Leaves
- 1-14.5 Ounce Can Diced Tomatoes undrained
- 1 Cup Chicken Broth Homemade or Gluten-free
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Black Pepper ground
- 2 Cups Fresh Cauliflower Cut into slightly larger than rice pieces
- 1/3 Cup Frozen Peas
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan Cheese Freshly grated
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Basil Leaves
- In a 12 inch skillet, brown ground beef in olive oil until no longer pink.
- Add onions, bell peppers, garlic, and oregano; stir to mix well.
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth, salt and black pepper, bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer 20 minutes to marry the flavors together.
- Stir in the riced califlower, frozen peas, basil, and Parmesan cheese.
- Simmer until peas and cauliflower are warm, but not mushy.