I especially like to make Slow Cooker meals when it’s cold and snowy outside and yesterday was just that kind of day here in Western Pennsylvania.
Slow Cooker Chicken & Vegetable Stew
A delicious alternative to beef stew.
- 1 Tablespoon extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 Pounds Bonlesss Skinless Chicken Breasts Cubed
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to Taste
- 3 Large Celery Stalks Chopped
- 1 Medium White Onion Chopped
- 3 Large Carrots Cut into chunks
- 1 1/2 Pounds Tri-Color Potatoes halved or quartered
- 2 Whole Bay Leaves
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 Teaspoon Dried Rosemary
- 4 Cups Chicken Stock Preferable Organic or homemade
- 3 Tablespoons Fresh Parsley Finely Chopped
- 1. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is browned on all sides, approximately 6-8 minutes.
- 2. Transfer the chicken to the slow cooker and add the chopped celery, onion, carrots, and potatoes. Top with the bay leaves, dried herbs, and chicken stock. Season with additional salt and black pepper, as desired, and stir to combine.
- 3. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 8 hours. Remove lid and stir to combine. Remove and discard bay leaves. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired, and serve immediately topped with some fresh chopped parsley. Enjoy!