Due to the meat shortages that some of the grocery stores have been experiencing, I dusted off the quinoa cookbook that I started working on back in 2013. Quinoa is a fantastic replacement for meat protein because it is a complete protein, meaning it supplies the body with all nine essential amino acids. Which makes it the perfect super food choice for vegetarian, vegans, or when meat is in short supply.
Mediterranean-Inspired Quinoa Salad
- 1 Cup Quinoa* Uncooked
- 2 Limes zest and juice
- 4 ounces Feta Cheese crumbled
- 2 ounces Kalamata Olives chopped with brine
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Parsley stems removed and chopped
- Black Pepper to taste Optional
- 1. Cook quinoa according to package directions. Remove from heat and let cool briefly.
- 2. Fluff quinoa with a fork and stir in lime zest, lime juice, Feta cheese, chopped olives, and fresh parsley until thoroughly combined. Season with black pepper, to taste.
- 3. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.