Since we are at the height of strawberry season, I thought you might enjoy a healthier version of cheesecake. This yummy dessert is made with nuts and dates for the crust, and adds blueberries and raspberries to the mix. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does.
Yummy Berry Cheesecake Parfaits
- 1/4 Cup Raw Almonds
- 1/4 Cup Raw Pecans
- 3 Pitted Dates roughly chopped
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon plus more for garnish
- 4 Ounces Cream Cheese room temperature
- 1 Cup Full Fat Greek Yogurt
- 3 Tablespoons Honey Preferably local or real maple syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Real Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Strawberries Chopped
- 1 Cup Raspberries
- 1/2 Cup Blueberries
- 1. In the bowl of a food processor, combine almonds, pecans, dates, and cinnamon. Pulse until the mixture starts to form a ball and the nuts are nicely broken down. Divide the nut crust between 4 individual serving dishes or jars and set aside.
- 2. In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, honey, and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth. Set aside. Tip: If cream cheese isn’t fully softened, beat it first before adding the other ingredients.
- 3. Divide half of the cheesecake mixture between the 4 serving dishes or jars and divide half of the berries among the individual dishes. Repeat this process with remaining cheesecake mixture and fresh berries.
- 4. Place the parfaits in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to chill. To serve, garnish with ground cinnamon or an extra drizzle of honey, if desired. Enjoy!